Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
Would you eat bugs served at your school cafeteria? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Would you eat bugs served at your school cafeteria? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Would you eat bugs served at your school cafeteria?
(This is the thread's starting post)
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart Would you eat bugs served at your school cafeteria?
//Ogjappleng
Posted 696 days ago... Menu Button
It sounds like a joke question you would ask someone but in the past 15 years or so I've been hearing this pitched here and there that bugs will be the future of our meals. No more chicken tendies, no more grilled salmon, no more beef for hamburgers either, just bugs.

As it turns out, it wasn't just a mere suggestion -- they are no introducing it in schools as a first trial study.

Eat Bugs To Save The Planet

If you find the above picture appealing and you live in the UK, good news -- the World Economic Forum (WEF) are giving what they promised by testing its first phase of bug meals in four primary schools in Whales.

But why?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Well, as disgusting as it may sound, some countries already have it as part of their custom, but only some insects. In fact, you could always eat some insects (properly prepared) in the US in some niche places. Unfortunately for them, their niche might become commonplace in the future. The idea behind it is to be "better for the environment". These scientists claim that we should get used to the idea of eating bugs because of global warming and the cost of raising animals like poultry to full-size is a lot.

My rebutal? I say hogwash! I'd rather sacrifice one animal for several meals than to sacrifice 2 dozen just for one. It's sad enough that an animal has to die for our hunger but that's just nature. Plus look at those insects, disgusting! lol I guess there will be a new term developed for people like me who will refuse to eat bugs and I'm sure it will be used in a very deragatory manner in order to influence more people to eat it as the norm.

If people like Bill Gates wants to tackle pollution, he could alt+ctrl+del himself and save the planet from him using his private jet everywhere. There's no way I'm ever going to be eating bugs like it's a normal thing. "Yeah, that's because you're a boomer and can't adapt to changes" and to that I say BS. I'm always at the front of innovation. Plus, I don't know why people over 20 are called boomers anyway xD

Impossible burgers are disgustingly made (watch a how its made video), and there is no evidence that it has long-term positive health effects for you but many schools have introduced it as a part of their eating curriculum. Bugs are probably a million times healthier but it's still ethically gray area. They are testing it on children 5 - 11 years old, I hope the project fails. I don't know if it's how it used to be but when Obama took office, they set a universal law for alls chools that accepted federal funding where students weren't allowed to eat their own home-brought food that wasn't part of their list. If it wasn't part of their list, the teachers / principals would get power hungry and throw away the child's meal.

There hasn't been a better time to start home schooling and eating bugs to replace meat is another good reason why.

So tell me, why would you eat / not eat bugs instead of meat? Are you a vegetarian? Would you be a Bugetarian? (maybe someone who eats only bugs and veggies?) Is this a step in the right direction or do you think it's a step backwards? Do you think this will eventually be mandated where meat is outlawed except for the nobility class or do you think that it will always be the norm?

wanwanwan
83 🗊
73 🖒
View Card
wanwanwanGakusei
//wanwanwan
Posted 695 days ago... Menu Button
Would I eat bugs? errrm..... No. Never. Not in a million years! Who in their right mind would??!? Gross!!
reyreyes11
0 🗊
0 🖒
View Card
reyreyes11
//reyreyes11
Posted 584 days ago... Menu Button

I think I would eat them for fun, like something as a snack but definitely not something to replace the meals that I will be eating. No way i am doing that. i think that's not great. I will never be satisfied with that even if I was running out of budget.

OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart
//Ogjappleng
Posted 584 days ago... Menu Button

Obligatory:

Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲