Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
Getting Started with Jappleng - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Getting Started with Jappleng - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Thread is Locked ✎
Getting Started with Jappleng
(This is the thread's starting post)
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart Getting Started with Jappleng
//Ogjappleng
Posted 1591 days ago... Menu Button
There's a tremendous amount of things to do on Jappleng and it's hard to really go through and explain it all in a short post. However I have confidence I can at the very least get you started.

What do you do on Jappleng?
The purpose of Jappleng is to bridge Japan and the rest of the world together. Meaning it's a place to learn about Japan, the Japanese Language, getting and giving Career advice, Pen-Pal / Language exchange, creating and joining clubs whether they are for studies or personal interests, meeting new people by various means including a comprehensive interest based friend finder, and let me take a breather.... ....and it's a place where you can socialize with others using the exclusive J-Spot Social Network, online chat called IMChat or IMC, there are forums, wiki, calendar, polls, image galleries, marketboard to use your hard earend J-Coins from completing lessons, posting on the site, logging in every day and mind you there is also a daily login bonus, there are achievements, practice apps (games) and so much more! Eventually there will also be a pet raising system which will help you learn Japanese so your pet will grow as you grow! And that's all just scratching the surface.... In fact a lot of other sections including News in Japan, Entertainment, Travel, etc... have been created but disabled because Jappleng was simply too big!

Okay, that's a lot of stuff, but how do I navigate?
Jappleng supports PC, Mac, Tablets and Smartphones with really poor resolution all the way up to 8K+ displays. If you encounter anything that may look or act strange, please post it in the support forum. With that said, Jappleng resizes itself automatically to fit your screen however the screen size. See, grow and shrink your screen, it has 3 Modes. PC, Tablet, Mobile. Each has their own appearance and so navigating the site is a bit different on each device.

Namely, you will have a Main Navigation at the top of the website, presently it may appear a dark color with the words Learn! | Discover | Community | Fun | with your avatar to the right side of the screen. Hovering or clicking on those menu items will bring down a menu corresponding to said topic. You can browse through different parts of the website from there.

If you hover or click on your avatar, a different kind of menu will appear which is reserved for your own things like Settings, Dashboard, Themes, Dark Mode, Logout, etc...

I want to Learn Japanese, where do I begin?
The education home page can be found here: Education Home Page

You will need to enroll in a desired course because of the personal tracking features included in our Learning Management System. For instance JPLearn! is a great place to begin learning Japanese as these lessons were written considering the student knows nothing about the Japanese language. There are various different ways you can browse through our course selections. Presently, all of our lessons are Free.

An explanation about how Homework / Assignments work is given in detail in the JPLearn! course.

Is there a quick list of links to different community sections?
Clubs and Study Groups
J-Spot Social Network (Your Feed)
Jappleng Community Forums
Friend Finder / Pen-Pal System
Jappleng Underground Market (Where you unlock things)
Public Image Gallery

To access the online chat, you will need to access it via your menu under the Community tab since it is not a page on its own.
There's more to explore! Please go around and see what you can find, exploring is part of the fun smile

Can I share Jappleng with all my friends?
Absolutely! Tell everyone you think who would enjoy this because this project took a very, very long time to build from the ground-up by myself. ( ´∀`)ノ~ ♡

How does Jappleng Money?
It's a hobby project and no money is being made, not even with ads. Maybe something will change one day but for now I'm generously donating my time and resources to keep this project alive. It makes me happy to see people enjoy using this project.

Is there a mobile App?
Not yet! This is a planned feature to arrive sometime in 2020 but Jappleng just made itself available to the full public in mid-December 2019. With that said, bugs need to be fixed first and then Mobile support is top priority!

Good luck and have fun!
This thread is locked.
You must create an account to make friends.
Total Friends: None ( ≧Д≦)
Jappleng Presents: 10k + 10k Event for everyone!
Friend Finder
New Chat Themes are available
Latest Forum Posts
Trending Clubs
Quick Navigation:
Home Page ·
Japanese Entertainemnt (Anime and Manga) ·
Learn Japanese online free ·
Explore the Japanese culture ·
Clubs and Study Groups ·
Community Forums ·
Practice Japanese Apps ·
English to Japanese Dictionary ·
Friend Finder
About Jappleng and Fun Facts
Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Cookies? Om nom...
© 2024 Jappleng, All Rights are Reserved | Need an account? Registration is free!
Information for Parents & Teachers
Help & Getting Started