Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
Why the intro to kanji so early? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Why the intro to kanji so early? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Why the intro to kanji so early?
(This is the thread's starting post)
The Vash
13 🗊
19 🖒
View Card
The Vash Why the intro to kanji so early?
//The Vash
Posted 3289 days ago... Menu Button
I noticed your new lessons are about kanji but there's hardly any grasp on actually speaking the language. What's Jappleng reasoning behind this?
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart
//Ogjappleng
Excellent question! I believe that learning how to read and write early on gives a realistic depiction of real-world Japanese and prepares students to learn more with less effort. In other words, you shouldn't be learning Japanese using romaji. Romaji should only be used to learn kana and kana should be used to learn kanji. Learning about kanji in the beginning will also give students a better understanding on how the language is structured and how they should go about learning Japanese.[br][br]By lesson 10, students learn pretty much all of the hiragana and then some. They also know some basics about the language, and some kanji as well. Afterwards, chapter 2 begins and everything that was learned in chapter 1 starts seeing purpose.  At the end of the day, there are those that know what people need to learn first and those whom don't. Unfortunately there are too many resources that teach the wrong way, or rather the very tedious unnecessary way. At Jappleng, we teach Japanese the way people should learn because it's simply the easiest method we can come up with.[br][br]Are our methods the best? That's up in the air, and we'll see about that once people report how well they've done with it. Is it perfect? No, I can't ever say it ever will be. But does it work? Absolutely! Our lesson plan is based off of tried and true techniques across the world. While Japanese students may not learn the same way, we changed it up to accelerate it like you wouldn't believe. So to sum it up, it's simply part of our grand-scheme-of-things. If you don't like it, you can always learn from independent lessons which may or may not contain kana or kanji.[br]
Yuki Neko
27 🗊
34 🖒
View Card
Yuki Neko
//Yuki Neko
uuuunf! I don't wanna learn kanji! I just want to understand. I guess there's nothing I can do but accept kanji in my life (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜
Rasko
20 🗊
5 🖒
View Card
Rasko
//Rasko
Posted 3214 days ago... Menu Button
ino rite? kanji is annoying buuuuut we'd be stupid if we didn't learn it
Toots
53 🗊
36 🖒
View Card
Toots
//Toots
Posted 3152 days ago... Menu Button
I started learning from your class and it's really interesting. So far I'm on lesson 4 and it's pretty easy but I really wish there were interactive things to make it easier to learn. I think if you combine both, it would be the best!
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart
//Ogjappleng
Posted 3151 days ago... Menu Button
[quote=Toots]I started learning from your class and it's really interesting. So far I'm on lesson 4 and it's pretty easy but I really wish there were interactive things to make it easier to learn. I think if you combine both, it would be the best! I started learning from your class and it's really interesting. So far I'm on lesson 4 and it's pretty easy but I really wish there were interactive things to make it easier to learn. I think if you combine both, it would be the best! [/quote][br][br]Thank you for your compliments! I plan to eventually add interactive features like quizzes in the near future. [color=#4ae87a] (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧[/color]
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Use the form below to reply this thread
//Guest
Characters: 0 / 60,000