Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
Besides anime and geisha's whats there to do in Japan? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Besides anime and geisha's whats there to do in Japan? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Besides anime and geisha's whats there to do in Japan?
(This is the thread's starting post)
Ender
7 🗊
6 🖒
View Card
Ender Besides anime and geisha's whats there to do in Japan?
//Ender
Posted 3137 days ago... Menu Button
I know there are a few things to do in Japan:[br]- Akihabara- Tokyo Tower- Japanese theater- Mount Fuji- Maid Cafe- Getting lost on the bullet train[br]What else is there to do in Japan besides those? I'm really interested but there aren't many travel guides yet.
Currently watching:\nOne Punch Man\nPrison School\nHellsing
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart
//Ogjappleng
Posted 3135 days ago... Menu Button
To help others entering this thread, I'll explain what you talked about first and then go on with other ideas for sight seeing.[br][br][color=#3289c7]Akihabara[/color], also known as electric town is a popular sight seeing place as it's considered one of the most high-tech places to visit in the world.[br][br][color=#3289c7]Tokyo Tower[/color], built around 1958, it is known as Japan's Eiffel Tower as it was influence by the Eiffel Tower in France. It is usually demolished in action based movies like Godzilla.[br][br][color=#3289c7]Mount Fuji[/color] towers at a massive 12,388 feet, it is the biggest mountain/volcano in Japan and can be seen from many different ways. It's widely known that people don't climb mount fuji more than once.[br][br][color=#3289c7]Japanese Theater[/color], there are many different styles of Japanese theater such as the classical Noh, Bunraku, and Kabuki. [br][br][color=#3289c7]Maid Cafe/Butler Cafe[/color], these cafe are popular amongst teenagers and young adults. It's a place where you can be served like you own the restaurant. Girls dress up as maids and call you master. There are also Butler Cafe where the roles are reversed (Butlers serve females).[br][br] [color=#df7242]There are a lot more to do in Japan than just these few things. Let's look into some ideas on what you can do in Japan.[/color][br][br][color=#d43535]Visit Shrines[/color], it doesn't matter what religion you are, visiting these shrines can be a spiritual experience or at the very least cultural. [br][br][color=#d43535]Experience Flash floods[/color], this is a given if you go to Japan. Odds are, you'll be experiencing a flash flood if you stay long enough![br][br][color=#d43535]Hiroshima Museum[/color], I think most Americans visit the Hiroshima Museum when they're in Japan. It's' an emotional museum depicting the horrors of the aftermath of Hiroshima (nuclear war). It's a must see![br][br][color=#d43535]The Golden Pavilion[/color] is also something that you may want to see. It's literally a golden pavilion.[br][br][color=#d43535]Participating in a Tea Ceremony[/color], they take forever to participate in and participating in a tea ceremony is hard to do. There are some that you can pay to experience but personally if you are a part of a legitimate ceremony with meaning, you'll feel greatly rewarded.[br][br][color=#d43535]Roppongi / Roppongi Hills[/color] is a place that is seldom mentioned but it's a rapidly growing commercial district with hundreds of shops. Spend your money wisely![br][br][color=#d43535]Tokyo Disneyland / Disney Sea[/color] they are both different with their own attractions. It's a unique experience that you can get in Japan![br][br][color=#d43535]Tsukishi Fish Market[/color], unfortunately the famous Tsukishi Fish Market is meeting its end in 2016 as it will be replaced by the wholesale market supposedly due to the Tokyo Olympics of 2020. I don't really know what it will be like but it supposedly will be intense. If you want to see the Tsukishi Fish Market before it changes, this is your last year![br][br]There's much more to do, Japan has A LOT of culture and as much as I would like to write more ideas on what to do, I need to get to work on Jappleng. I hope this was useful to you and for any guests reading, please be sure to register an account, it's free for life and you get to participate in these forums and other parts of the site.[br]
NambaOne
3 🗊
21 🖒
View Card
NambaOne
//NambaOne
Posted 3130 days ago... Menu Button
Dang, that's a nice list! I saw somewhere where you can feed deer and they bow for food.
ReimiX5
17 🗊
15 🖒
View Card
ReimiX5
//ReimiX5
Posted 3128 days ago... Menu Button
Great list Mark and do they really bow NambaOne? ٩(•̤̀ᵕ•̤́๑)ᵒᵏᵎᵎᵎᵎ
The Vash
13 🗊
19 🖒
View Card
The Vash
//The Vash
Posted 3120 days ago... Menu Button
Yeh I heard about the deer thing as well. I think there's a specific shrine where they do it at.[br]
Aina
22 🗊
29 🖒
View Card
Aina
//Aina
Posted 3072 days ago... Menu Button
What about visiting sensei Mark?  ♡(•ི̛ᴗ•̛)ྀ
Toots
53 🗊
36 🖒
View Card
Toots
//Toots
Posted 3067 days ago... Menu Button
is there more to visit? ಠ_ರೃ
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart
//Ogjappleng
Posted 3066 days ago... Menu Button
Of course! There's a lot more to do in Japan, Japan literally has tens of thousands of sight seeing things, and even more things that aren't well known to the general gaijin. For instance, I mentioned the maid cafe, which isn't exactly exclusive to Japan if you live in an area with a lot of Japanese interest or anime conventions... There are [i]other[/i] kinds of cafes.[br][br][color=#3289c7]First: Maid Cafe[/color][br][img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/59/aa/50/59aa50ec65418784f458a5ff34ccc922.jpg[/img][br](Already discussed)[br][br][color=#3289c7]Next: Gaming Cafe[/color][br][img]https://jaapan.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/space-station-osaka-07.jpg[/img][br]This is a different type of cafe where you go in and play games kind of like an internet cafe. These are gaining ground beyond just Japan and has even seen light in some parts of the US and all across east-asia. [br][br][color=#3289c7]Onwards: Themed Cafe[/color][br][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EGcZ9p9ow1s/U-VUC745xZI/AAAAAAAAEng/3jfzuvTxgCk/s1600/IMG_2841.JPG[/img][br]From the Gundam cafes to the Moomin cafe, there's a theme cafe for a lot of different things in Japan.[br][br][color=#3289c7]Hardcore stuff: Cat Cafe[/color][br][img]http://dishmag.com/issue165/pets/15114/uploads/186/CATS/ACatCafe.jpg[/img][br]If you're hardcore, you'll bring your cat to the cat cafe! There are many of these and oddly they are popular.[br][br]Okay, that's a lot of cafe stuff, but what about other things? Well, let's say you want to go to a museum that isn't relating so much to any world war... I present to you the [color=#3289c7]Studio Ghibli museum[/color]![br] [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0d/aa/a5/0daaa51e4b22b52066fb2240a49d9e13.jpg[/img][br][br] If you want some more anime related awesomeness, head over to [color=#3289c7]Sakaiminato[/color] in the Tottori Prefecture to see statues of Mizuki's creation all over town. I'm not kidding! Unfortunately there's no way you'll be able to meet the famous Mizuki as he recently passed away a few days ago...[br][br][img]https://centreforjapanesestudies.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/img_5460.jpg[/img][br][br]I'll post some more stuff some other time to sight-see because I'm a little preoccupied trying to meet the Jappleng launch date :)[br][br]Hope this post was useful![br]
NambaOne
3 🗊
21 🖒
View Card
NambaOne
//NambaOne
Posted 3053 days ago... Menu Button
I have a feeling that it would take a month just to get through the different types of cafe in Japan
Yuki Neko
27 🗊
34 🖒
View Card
Yuki Neko
//Yuki Neko
Posted 2685 days ago... Menu Button
Can I necromance this thread because it's an amazing thread that deserves more attention!  I really want to learn more about Japan!! [br]
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Use the form below to reply this thread
//Guest
Characters: 0 / 60,000