Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<May 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
What happens next for Jappleng? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
What happens next for Jappleng? - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
What happens next for Jappleng?
(This is the thread's starting post)
OG Jappleng
3,409 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart What happens next for Jappleng?
//Ogjappleng
Posted 264 days ago... Menu Button

August 11, 2023:
I think one of the big question that you may have is what happens next? That is a good question so let's get into it.
NOTE: This thread will not be edited, please visit the dev forums to see the latest development news

Stage 1 - Build the bulk of jappleng features and services
STAGE COMPLETE

This stage is complete, there's nothing really NEEDED anymore. All the important features and sections exist.

Stage 2 - Add content
STAGE COMPLETE

This stage is complete, there are millions of pages now to browse and content for everyone. While more content will be added and updated over time, there is a tremendous amount of content on the site.

Stage 3 - Optimizing / repairing bugs
CURRENT STAGE

In this stage, it's important to optimize Jappleng so that it doesn't take 5-6 seconds to load each page. This means optimizing the database, the code, images, cache system etc... I have been optimizing Jappleng a lot but the dictionary system is the biggest bottleneck to fix next. Some things will be optimized at a later time.

Presently as of today, I am switching from a very old version of jquery to the latest edition. This will improve performance for the front-end. I have already tackled 90% of the other things to optimize.

Stage 4 - Mobile Support
COMING NEXT

Once I'm done optimizing and repairing bugs, I'll be adding full cross-browser and cross-platform support to the best that the website can support. Eventually there might be a mobile app if Jappleng becomes well liked. But mobile support is a must! However, there is no point in the mobile version if it takes over 6 seconds to render the page. That is why optimization is important and takes priority.

Stage 5 - Marketing
SOON?

Once Jappleng is optimized and has mobile support, search engines will like it and start indexing it properly. The current average is rank #14 for searches, which is fine but top 5 would be better! That is the aim here. Jappleng will support sitemaps and other goodies that appeal to search engines in this phase. Once that part is complete then new content, using social networks and getting involved with people and influencers is going to be the goal here. There may even be giveaways from time to time! But sorry to say, I'm not Mr. Beast so they're not going to be crazy stuff. But I'll try to at least get sponsors for the giveaways at least.

Stage 6 and beyond
Jappleng at this point is useable, likely enjoyable. New features and content are reguarly added, people are participating and the site is refined based on user feedback. All the features that were labeled as "coming soon" become reality in this stage. The entertainment section becomes more comprehensive and the site becomes more optimized. Hopefully project Jappleng is a success.

I don't want to give an ETA for anything as the moment I do, there will be things that go spectacularly wrong. So to avoid jynxing anything, please come back every day to see improvements to the site!

See you all next time!

Use the form below to reply this thread
//Guest
Characters: 0 / 60,000