Reply to this Thread ↲
Jappleng is back and upgraded! - March 4, 2019
1 🗊
100 🖒
View Card
Authentic GM
Mark Began the thread with...
☰ Posted: 136 days ago
You may have noticed that Jappleng was down for a few days, this was because of some major upgrades being done to the website. While you won't notice much of a change for now, a lot of improvements have been made on the back-end.

First, the programming languages used for this site has been updated to the latest version, meaning everything had to be revised for code changes. This migration took some time to do and even right now, it's still a bit rough around the edges.

What this means for you:
  • Faster rendering times for each page / action
  • Security vulnerabilities have been corrected due to the update

Second, the Server Hardware has been upgraded to be twice as fast (at least) so that it can support many more people doing different things around the site.

What this means for you:
More storage space for user uploaded content (theoretically unlimited now due to cloud hosting)
Faster page load and action speeds

Preparation for scaling has been made so that when the time comes and Jappleng is very well used by thousands if not more people per hour, then it can scale accordingly.

Third, more security tweaks have been made! I do what I can to make sure you're as safe as possible. Obviously no one can prevent a breech but I take every precaution that I know of.

Bugs are here, for now...
Expect to encounter many bugs as I finalize the migration. Some things like notifications may not work properly so please bare with me while they are taken care of one at a time.

What's next?
Lots of content, features, and will invite many to explore the site! It's time to make this a fun place for all and for that we need more content and more members! :D
You can reply to this thread if you like
Your Avatar
0 🗊
0 🖒
View Card
B
I
U
S
xy
xy
abc