Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
Finally Watching Bleach - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Finally Watching Bleach - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Finally Watching Bleach
(This is the thread's starting post)
OG Jappleng
3,404 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart Finally Watching Bleach
//Ogjappleng
Posted 1446 days ago... Menu Button
I finally decided to watch Bleach and in my opinion, it's basically Naruto. Orange haired MC with a bad temper, rebellious and very OP. It's basically 90% filler just like Naruto lol.

So is it any good? Yeah, it's good. Well, as long as you skip the fillers. I legitimately lost interest in the show during the first TV-only filler arc because it was so boring. It began around episode 50-some I think and ended at I think episode 109. It was terrible, I had to skip foward a lot because of the unnecessary amount of flashbacks and useless stories.

But the main story / show in general is good, I would recommend it if you like classic shounen style anime. It's nothing revolutionary even for its time but it is worth watching with a filler guide on your side at least. It has an OP MC with side characters that are also strong and of course the enemies while very strong, there's always a stronger enemy for whatever reason because it's anime and that's a good enough reason for me.

There's over 300 episodes but you will likely do like me and skip half of it at least. But for the episodes that you do watch (as short as they feel) they are good.

What are your thoughts on bleach?
SharkRazor_Ø
0 🗊
0 🖒
View Card
SharkRazor_Ø
//SharkRazor_Ø
Posted 1440 days ago... Menu Button

Not sure if my opinion matters in any way, but whatever :P I actually had very little exposure to Bleach and have personally seen only like 30 episodes of Naruto, but I get what you're talking about. Considering our current situation, I might actually give it a shot, maybe it will bring some nostalgia to someone like me, who was eating up all the classical shounen shows he could find as a kid. Thanks for warning about the fillers, though, they really kill all the good will I have for a show, no matter how invested in the plot I am. Anyway, have a nice time of the day and stay safe

(`_´)ゞ
OG Jappleng
3,404 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart
//Ogjappleng
Posted 1428 days ago... Menu Button
Ah cool! Well, I would keep a nifty filler guide. I finished the whole series a few days ago except for the movies and it was weird. You would be watching an ongoing fighting arc and as the arc progressed, there would be a whole new side-story arc in the middle of it. I think the final major arc had 2 or 3 side story arcs spanning like 100+ episodes which was entirely irrelevant to the show.

Why would they do this?
Well, I presume when they were making the anime, the manga was ongoing and the show had caught up. But because they didn't want to just make up an alternative ending to the fight or spoil the fun for the manga readers, they had to wait it out. So instead of making people wait long periods of time between seasons, they decided (presumably) to add TV-only arcs and content.

Unfortunately, this was actually a hindrance to the enjoyment of the show because the TV-only content was exceptionally boring to watch and it was so boring that I had to skip a great deal of it to get back to the main point.

Overall, I think it was nice to watch Bleach if only to watch a cult classic that I skipped during its air time, but it's only a 2/10 if you have to watch the fillers but skipping them made it tolerable at around 5 / 10. It's not a thrilling anime, it feels generic and sometimes it drags on for too long. The premise is like any other shounen of its time, no matter how powerful the MC gets, there's always going to be a bigger fish even though they didn't seem to exist until that moment in time. lol
Joshomo
1 🗊
0 🖒
View Card
Joshomo
//Joshomo
Posted 1416 days ago... Menu Button

I didn't like Bleach, it was really bad. I mean, it felt like it was trying too hard to be edgy but everything was a miss. I see Bleach as a generic shounen that was trying to milk the industry when shounen was the hot topic. I don't want to be negative but this show irked me the wrong way.

Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Use the form below to reply this thread
//Guest
Characters: 0 / 60,000