Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
What is to come, back to resume development (May 1, 2019) - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
What is to come, back to resume development (May 1, 2019) - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
What is to come, back to resume development (May 1, 2019)
(This is the thread's starting post)
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart What is to come, back to resume development (May 1, 2019)
//Ogjappleng
Posted 1816 days ago... Menu Button
Hello everyone! I'm sure you are all eager (the few whom are here) to know what is going to happen next with Jappleng. I will keep this as short as I can.

After upgrading to a better server, a much higher version of PHP, etc... A lof of Jappleng broke down as it wasn't compatible and I had to fix this piece-by-piece. There are still many features and sections that are broken because of this and this will be priority #1.

Second in priority will be to add mobile compatibility to the remaining sections.

Third priority will be to make Jappleng more inviting to join such as an imporoved home page, registration system, login system, call-to-action etc...

Fourth Priority will be to write scripts that will enroll Patreon Supporters with their benefits in one click and hopefully automatically one day.

Further development on the website will be announced once these are completed.
New content will be developed as well, however website development will take immediate priority as many things render the site completely broken. New content will be added after crucial website development are made.

New content will include new lessons, new cultural articles, development vlogs for Patreon subscribers.

New lessons, cultural articles etc... Will be placed behind a special Patreon course which is a hold-over for a few weeks before it becomes available to the public. This is to give people an incentive to support me via Patreon since the overhead is enormous and I don't want to burden everyone behind a paywall.

You can now support Jappleng via Patreon! There are different tiers and they offer different kinds of rewards. Please take a look: https://www.patreon.com/jappleng

Support is greatly appreciated and will help me focus more of my time on this project than trying to find funds to support it. I want to keep Jappleng free for everyone. It's not really a non-profit but it kind of is.
Jappleng is on Twitter and education / Jappleng related posts will soon become the norm once the development schedule normalizes. Please follow: https://www.twitter.com/jappleng

Jappleng will return on Facebook at least temporarily to see if it's worth it. No link is available yet.

Jappleng will be on YouTube. There will be private development vlog videos about the future of Jappleng, what is being worked on and a means to stay in communication with Patreon supporters.  There will also be instructional videos on how to use Jappleng, and perhaps when the time is right, educational videos.

Flashcards will be the next major feature to implement. While there are other learning apps partially developed, there are a lot of other things that will take priority and will have to be on the back-burner for now.
There will be a mobile App for Jappleng, however this will take time to design and develop. I want this to work well across as many devices as possible. It will initially release with only a few things that you can do but over time, more features and sections will be supported.
This is a big deal, and I will push for this to happen. There are many ways which I hope to expand the community but before I do, I need to make Jappleng stable enough so people can use the website, register, and login without frustration.

There are thousands of members, I will send them all a newsletter when the time is right, there are thousands of followers around my social media circles, and I know a few people whom have agreed to put the word out when the time is right. There are also other avenues which I will look into but this is all I am willing to publicly disclose at this time.

All of this will not be easy to do. Jappleng has to be a side-project now until enough Patreon supporters are there to help me devote all of my time back to the project. It will take a few weeks to accomplish what I've listed above except for the community aspect which is completely up to the people. I can only build this project and spread the word, it is up to the visitors to join, and the members to post if they wish to see the site strive. So please post as much as you can! It will really help especially if you can't donate, this is just-as good! Just don't give up, keep posting and posting and posting every day. Others will follow!
Use the form below to reply this thread
//Guest
Characters: 0 / 60,000