Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
June 8, 2022 - Jappleng Completion Progress (8 / 154 ) 5.19% (Big update today) - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
June 8, 2022 - Jappleng Completion Progress (8 / 154 ) 5.19% (Big update today) - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
June 8, 2022 - Jappleng Completion Progress (8 / 154 ) 5.19% (Big update today)
(This is the thread's starting post)
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart June 8, 2022 - Jappleng Completion Progress (8 / 154 ) 5.19% (Big update today)
//Ogjappleng
Posted 686 days ago... Menu Button

Update 6/8/2022:

The following updates were implemented and are counted as 6 (out of 154) of the updates needed to complete the site. The reason being is that many of these updates are a part of a package update that was intended to be towards the end, however due to the critical nature of not being able to use the site on various browsers and devices, part of said package is moved towards the front of the priority list.

Current total: 8 / 154 (5.19% Completion) or 3.89% progress today.

MAJOR CHANGES:
- Added ability to purchase items with event currency
- Resolved issue where site appeared abnormal and people were unable to use the site under different browsers
- Added auto-refresh CSS (Styling) so browsers are forced to refresh when an update is made
- Resolved issue where @usertag was not fetching any user list. Mind you that this function needs to be expanded for full functionality.
- Search indexing has been fixed! Indexing of images and color-coding them is a thing again. The issue stems from when gallery images were converted from .jpg/png/gif to .webp format and I forgot to add support to the indexing service.
- J-Spot infinite scrolling has been fixed
- Search System now remembers you're in image search or "all" search mode. It also remembers what safe search option you're using such as filter none or all etc...
- Kana Pop build 49: Now supports Full Screen Mode (BETA)
- Kana Pop build 49: Attempting to add Audio support for Safari Mobile (ie: ipad) but they are annoying and very restrictive. Trying to bypass this.

DEVELOPED PARTIALLY:
- New Image upload feature which retains aspect ratio and doesn't allow you to zoom in or out or move the image out of its zone. That way, people won't have those annoying white borders around their avatars if they do it wrong.

MISC CHANGES:
- Some elements were given rounded corners on Safari browser, however Safari has not updated their border-radius feature in over a decade and it is still very much bugged. I'm looking in ways to resolve this problem universally so that it can show the border while being rounded. It should not cause problems on any other browser unless it's on an apple device.
- "Your friends" module sizing has been fixed for mobile devices / smaller screens and word wrapping has been fixed on safari browsers
- "Your Club subscriptions" module image has been fixed so that it no longer appears strange
- Resolved issue where Members count would not appear in Clubs module / my club subscriptions
- Media Library module now "Stretches" equally with other media images
- Various sizing issues has been improved for the J-Spot Wall
- Friend List updated so that it displays more correctly across different browsers and resolutions
- Trending Clubs module has its club image display issues resolved (mainly mobile issues)
- Additional visual adjustments made for Clubs Section
- Removed hashtag insert in editor since it's buggy #tag
- Top Contributor script had a typo in it (lower case instead of upper case), fixed it and the script is now resolved.

Bonus (for me)
I resolved this issue that has been plaguing me for months on a developer's side of things. Feels nice.

Previously (a couple of days ago):
- Added RNG "Gacha" boxes based on event currency tokens such as "Keys" and "Treasure Boxes"
- Added New Update bar at the bottom of the page whenever a new update to the site was added. Can be closed and saved to the client using a cookie.

Use the form below to reply this thread
//Guest
Characters: 0 / 60,000