Jappleng Logo
Unleash the Full Experience – Login or Register Now!
Join us and get access to:
  • Anime/Manga Lineups & Tracker
  • Japanese Culture Lessons
  • Forums, Social Network & Chat
  • Clubs & Study Groups
  • Vocabulary Builder & Daily Login Rewards
  • Friend Finder & Pen-Pals
  • Games & Digital Pets (Yokai)
  • And much more!
Let's get you started – Register a Free Account!
Type this in the box below:
I am 13 years old or over and have read and agreed to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Complete Registration
Thank you for your support!
Announcement
March 14 - Daily Login Rewards: 10k + 10k Event! Thank you everyone!
[Read More]
Username
Password
Cancel
Login
Progress
Market
Friends
Night and Day
Settings
Your Avatar
J-Spot Social Network
Fanclubs & Study Groups
Find New Friends / Pen-Pal
J-Coins
Tokens
Coins
Mochi
Lv.
--:--
Guest // Guest
Available
Want2Chat
Away
Busy / DND
Invisible
Jump to Section
JPLearn!
Japan Life!
Jappleng Dictionary
Connect With Others
IMChat!
Forum Society
JSpot Social Network
Club Jappleng
Friend Match
Have Fun!
Arcades
Sticker Collection
Market Unlock
Achievements
Notifications
View All [+]
Fetching list...
Calendar
Add Entry [+]
<<April 2024>>
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Your Avatar
--:--
XP 0 / 50
Friends
Now loading...
Must be logged-in to use this
Settings
Personalization and settings
Arrow
Achievements
Win More Achievements!
Arrow
My Stats
View My Stats
Arrow
Login
Register or Login Here!
Arrow
Image Title
Image Description
Submit
Your image was succesfully uploaded and now we ask that you provide both an image title and description since this will be indexed in your gallery and/or the club this is posted in. Ignoring this step will cancel the upload process. If you delete the image from the editor, it will still remain in your image gallery.
Jappleng 7.0 Alpha Release Information - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Jappleng 7.0 Alpha Release Information - Jappleng Forums
Forum Discussions about Japan and East Asia
Cover image
Loading Content...
Close
Login to create new thread ✎
Login to Reply ↲
Jappleng 7.0 Alpha Release Information
(This is the thread's starting post)
OG Jappleng
3,405 🗊
884 🖒
View Card
OG Jappleng
GM
Retro Heart Jappleng 7.0 Alpha Release Information
//Ogjappleng
Posted 784 days ago... Menu Button

**Jappleng 7.0 Alpha Release Information**

It has been 2 days since Jappleng 7.0 Alpha has released and now that I have a fairly good number of bugs fixed, I can come here and explain the changes. I will also take some time and talk about things that will be resolved soon, 7.0B and the full completed release.

**What is 7.0 Alpha versus 6.45**
The changes between the two versions are significant. While the current version only supports 2K and 4K monitors (PC/Win/Mac) while on Firefox or Brave browsers – updates will be made to support HD screens, smartphones and tablets with an array of browser support including Chrome, Edge, Opera and Safari.

**The design has changed**
Everything about the design has changed dramatically! Not all features has this support but most do. Jappleng Education does not support any of it yet and is on the list of things to fix.

**New Dashboard system**
The new dashboard system has been implemented with its design intended for mobile, tablets and smart TVs in mind. However, the irony is that mobile support isn’t yet available. This will be fixed by 7.0 BETA.
Experience the new IMChat directly within the Dashboard! See your stats and other fun things.

**The New IMChat Expressions! (Version 5.0)**
This is the 5th version of IMChat, originally conceptualized in 2003 as a school project of mine, the IMChat eventually saw itself on Jappleng through many iterations. IMChat v5 known as “Expressions!” was rebuilt from the ground-up. It now features an array of new features including automatically embedding pasted URLs for web pages and YouTube videos, integration with the new Jappleng TV with full media queue controls, sticker embedding (click on the sticker for fun randomness!), kaomoji, image gallery with search function, draw (cannot upload yet), full roleplay dice system (D4 – D20), chance % feature, Magic 8-Ball, Who’s online, channel participants, word lookup, random Japanese (flashcard lesson) and server time.
Other features include public chat channels, private chat channels (DMs / Group DMs), chat themes, background animations, user settings, audio notifications, blink browser tab, push notifications (coming in 7.0 BETA), font size change, chat archives and more.

**Lots of new Features around Jappleng**
There are so many new features added around Jappleng. Avatar covers, banner glamours, almost 100 new unlockables, event currency support, GM tags, new stickers, emblems etc… You can now edit and remove images that you have uploaded, image views and comment count is now tracked, Online status which indicates if you’re online, offline, want to chat, away, or busy. If you want to appear offline, you can do this by using the invisible status.

Clubs now support top contributors and the method of which they are displayed on the front page has changed entirely. Scripts are being made right now to automate this process and will be ready by 7.0B. Club level support has been added and preparations have been made for the Club treasury which will be used for unlocking various club features.

Overall, there has been significant improvements made throughout the site and I’m excited for you all to find out what they are by playing and experimenting with it. I encourage you all to update the Jappleng Dev wiki whenever you discover something new, whether it’s a secret page or features you want to write about. Consider yourselves the very first to experience the very first website of its kind – an edutainment website which blends learning, social and game elements together.

**What is next?**
The next phase is to complete features, fix anything that may be broken, add Mobile, Tablet, HD support, add cross-browser/platform support and do whatever else is needed to prepare for 7.0 BETA.

**When will 7.0 BETA be ready?**
It will be ready when it is ready. I don’t want to stress like I did with 7.0 ALPHA. I worked 16 hour shifts just to meet the Friday deadline which ended up lasting through the entire Saturday. I completed Jappleng at around 8AM on Sunday morning, hardly sleeping for 2 weeks straight. I’m not doing that again!
Considering the things happening this week in my private life and the things that need to be done on the site, expect a follow-up on this answer sometime next week (Week of March 7).

**When will 7.0 be completely ready and what happens then?**
Sometime in March, 7.0 will be ready and an E-mail will be sent and I’ll resume to be active on Twitter to inform people that Jappleng has released. Hopefully with your help, Jappleng can grow to have an incredible community!

**Can development happen faster? What about lessons?**
Lessons will come soon, but my focus right now is to build the right foundation. Jappleng 7.0 is the vision that I aspire to create and when that is created, content can be added as much as I or anyone else is willing. I have worked on the foundation of this project for far too long and am very much ready to take it to the next level as soon as I can.

**How can anyone help with the project? / Why is it free?**

I really wanted to build this website for a long-time and it has taken over 30,000 hours to do. It was no small feat to say the least and when you’re working on a project this big and technology is always changing, it’s hard to keep up. But I finally caught up since web/mobile technology isn’t changing much anymore. Now that I’ve essentially completed what I said I would 16 years ago, this promise is complete. I promised to complete this to a friend who wanted to help with this project. He didn’t get the chance because he died in 2011 and I also promised to complete this website to all the original members of the site who may not even remember it anymore lol!

I don’t know why I obsessed over creating this community and to make it free to everyone. There are no ads either. It’s just free.

But if you wish to help this project, please spam the website with as much content as you can. You can post everywhere you can find a place to post, reply to every post, post on your J-Spot wall, post thousands of images of stuff and give them as many tags as you can, tell your friends about it, post about it on social media, and so on…

You can even create fan-art, contribute to the Jappleng Dev wiki, submit feedback / bug reports etc… There are so many ways you can contribute! Message me if you wish to contribute some money as the new server is more expensive and I appreciate every coin!

**HAVE FUN!**

Use the form below to reply this thread
//Guest
Characters: 0 / 60,000